Whether you drive a Toyota car, SUV, pickup, or van, your vehicle has air filters that were originally installed at the factory. They both serve the same general purpose, but for different systems.
How Air Filters Work
The first air filter is the engine air filter. It sits near the air intake, and, as the name suggests, it captures contaminants and debris before they can make their way into your vehicle's engine.
The second air filter is the cabin air filter. It usually can be found behind your glove compartment, and it prevents allergens and irritants from infiltrating your HVAC system and affecting the air that you breathe.
Unfortunately, even the best air filters will either get too blocked up to work or wind up degrading with age. That's not good, since failing air filters can't protect your engine or lungs.
How to Spot Failing Air Filters
Signs of trouble include:
- Worsening engine performance
- The engine begins misfiring
- Weird noises coming from your engine
- You notice that the passenger space smells musty
- You're unable to maintain a consistent cabin temperature
- You hear a whistling sound coming out of the air vents
Buy Genuine OEM Air Filters Online
If you're not experiencing any of these symptoms, that's good. All you need to do is check your owner's manual to determine your ideal maintenance schedule. When you do need to replace an air filter, make sure that you buy one that's made to fit your vehicle's dimensions. A genuine Toyota air filter does just that, since it was made specifically for your model. Find yours in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship right out. Buy now to save time and money!
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!
Shop Other Toyota Part Categories
- Air Conditioning
- Air Deflectors
- Ball Joints
- Brake Drums
- Brake Lights
- Brake Shoes
- Bushing & Bearings
- Cabin Filters
- Coil Springs
- Control Arms
- Distributor Caps
- Door Handles
- Fan Parts
- Fuel Injectors
- Lift Supports
- Oxygen Sensors
- Radiator Hoses
- Rear Wiper Blades
- Splash Guards
- Starter Solenoids
- Trailer Towing
- Water Pumps
- Windshield Washer Pumps
- Windshield Wiper Arms
- Windshield Wiper Refills